Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day is over and now it's a 3-Day weekend! I spent Thanksgiving at my in-laws house with L - this is where she is living right now. Dinner was really good!! Roast, scalloped potatoes - made with real potatoes not boxed!! I didn't even know you could make those from scratch. We had lots of desserts too - the pumpkin and lemon tarts I made, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, and an apple cherry pie. L was pretty much her same old self. She was getting ready to head out to join up with friends and Bama asked her some questions about where she was going and L ended up stomping her way back to her room. I had an opportunity to talk to Bama about how things were going with L - she's following rules - coming home when she says she's going to be - not managing her money at all. I found out something very interesting. L has been calling me out of frustration saying how she has to ask for gas money - has no money in her account to cover anything she might need to get - that it's her money and she should have some control over it. Talking to Bama last night I found out that they give L $150 allowance each week from her paycheck to cover gas - food - incidentals. So when she comes a cryin to me about how poor she is and how she has to ask for every little bit of money she's telling me a great big story. She just runs through her $150 and then is upset because now she has to try and live on nothing until her next allowance. I also found out that they have told her she can stay with them until the first of the year and then she has to move out. She has done nothing to find a place on her own - she is an 18 year old with a 12 year old maturity. I guess they set up a family meeting time with her to see if they could come up with a plan where she could work things out with me - L says she misses being at home and wants to come back - the day they were going to talk, L just went straight to her room. I told Merilyn that at this time there is nothing L could do - she is not coming back to live here.

This morning I got up at 800 and was out of the house by 930 - no I did not go shopping to hit the after Thanksgiving sales - I had to go to the Klahanie Vet and get Muppets meds. I had called Tuesday morning to get them but when I went by on Wednesday they hadn't put them together and the Vet was already gone for the day. So I grabbed them this morning - don't want her having any seizures this weekend. After that I decided to go grab a Starbucks - it was very very crowded - and they got my drink wrong which I didn't notice until I got to the car. I wasn't go back in though I just wanted to get back to the safety and uncrowdedness (not sure if that's a word!) of my home. Today is going to be a catch up on Tivo'd shows and do some chores day. Love long weekends!

De

No comments: