Thursday, November 6, 2008

They Are A Blessing

My In-Laws are an absolute blessing - I'm sure not many people who have gone through a divorce can say the same - I am very lucky. L has been staying with them for almost two weeks now. She is following the weekday curfew - has been getting up on her own - getting to work on time - pretty much following the rules. Today I found out that they are working on getting her to realize what a budget is and that you have to think first before you buy. How are they doing this you may ask - What I understand from talking to L this morning is - yesterday was her payday and she had to give her whole check to Bama and Bepa. If she needs money she must talk to them and discuss what it is she thinks she needs and what she is planning on spending the money on. What an absolutely wonderful idea. We all know if I had tried this with her it would have been a very ugly scene. I truly hope L takes this opportunity to learn how to manage her money and to see what it takes to stretch a paycheck to last the whole month. I am so grateful for the Householders. I honestly believe this is a blessing in disguise.

Tomorrow is Friday! This week started out slow but Friday is finally here. I was up early again today - wide awake at 430! I didn't get right up though. I laid in bed - watched the news - and played with Muppet. It was a very relaxing way to get up and start the day. No jarring alarm - no rushing around so as not to miss the bus. When I take Muppet out that early it is so quiet . . . . .no sounds coming from cars or other condos . . . a little eerie but also peaceful.

It is just about bedtime for me!!

De

****Enjoy this pic of Lindsay with Ann Curry from the Today Show****

No comments: