Monday, January 26, 2009

Time For Another Spell

Just when you think your luck has changed - you get smacked upside the head and brought back to reality.

I left work at 300 with the intention of running a couple errands in Issaquah and then a couple up on the Plateau. I went to Michael's and purchased some silver beads that I needed for a new creation - stuck to my list and didn't buy any additional items! Next stop was the gas station to fill her up and then get her washed - my car definitely needed to be cleaned after all the snow and rain and the sand that was put on the roads to keep cars form sliding. My next to last stop was up on the Plateau to pick up Muppet's med refill. I started walking towards the vet's office - reached in to my pocket to get out my Visa card - it wasn't there!! I stopped - checked every single pocket twice - headed back to the car to see if it had fallen out on the seat - checked the pockets of my purse twice and then my coat pockets another time - It was no where to be found. I knew I had it when I filled up with gas because that's how I paid for it - I remember checking my pocket for it as the car was filling up to make sure it was there - and then I didn't check again until I got to the vet's. Oh wait - it was in my coat pocket at the gas station - it was in the same pocket as my car keys - I bet the dang thing fell out of my pocket when I grabbed my keys to get back in the car. Just great - absolutely great!! It started to send me in to a tailspin but I took some deep breaths and told myself that it had only been about 15 minutes so I when I get home I can cancel it and hopefully no large charges will have been made on it yet. Which is what I did - so the card has been cancelled - no additional charges had been made yet - I should get a new card in about a week. I've been placed on a spending hold!!

I hope I'm not going to have 2 more bad things happen - you know they come in threes! If I do, I hope they're not as irritating as this one.

I'm going to go do a good luck spell now!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Strange though it may seem, there truly are some good people left in this world. Did you think to go back to the gas station and 1)see if your card was still on the ground somewhere, or 2)ask the attendant if anyone had found it an turned it in? You may just be surprised at the honesty you find. Sure, if that doesn't work, proceed with canceling the card, but if you give people a chance, they may just surprise you.