Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cats and Dog Working Together

I think I have lost control of the house and the animals have taken over - at least they are taking steps in that direction!

I get home from work and I am immediately greeted by Niki - she's usually hiding and asleep when I get home so this should have tipped me off but it didn't. I sat on the couch and she was just on me purring - wanting to be petted - being a big ol' love bug. We were that way for a few minutes and then I said I should probably go let the dog out of the kitchen. She just dug her claws in to my shirt and didn't want me to get up and/or put her down. I finally got up off the couch and started moving towards the kitchen. Buffy came running down the hall and cut me off on her way to the scratching post - was this an accident or was it the purrfect plan of two diabolical cats.

I get to the kitchen and start unlatching the gate - where's Muppet - she is usually at the gate dancing just waiting for me to open it and let her out. I turned on the light and peeked around the corner - Muppet was curled up tight in her bed - almost as if she were trying to make herself as small as possible so I wouldn't see her - or she wasn't feeling well and was just sacked out. Then I saw it - right next to her bed - the plastic jar of Muppet Cookies sitting on the floor with the lid open - and about half of the cookies gone!!! They probably would have been all gone if she could have gotten her head all the way inside the container.

Now I know I put the container on the counter this morning after I had given Muppet her cookie - it wasn't on the edge of the counter it was sitting firmly on the counter. Sometime during the day one of the cats must have gotten up on the counter and knocked the cookie jar down for Muppet!! Which one of you knuckleheads got the cookies down for the dog - Niki just kept staring int the fire place and Buffy looked up from her spot under the chair as if to say - I have no idea what you're talking about.

Needless to say - I need to go to the pet store tomorrow to pick up more Muppet Cookies - which is really code word for pill pockets that I use for giving her her meds.

Too bad I don't have a web cam set up - it would be interesting to see how this whole thing played out!

De

No comments: