Monday, January 5, 2009

Flat Tire

Who knew it could be so difficult to get a flat tire fixed! I have been trying ever since Friday.

Friday - put air in my tire and parked it at the Park and Ride to take the bus in to work. After work drove the car down to Big O Tires - they were getting ready to close and there was no way they could fix it. OK - went by the Shell station and put more air in it again.

Saturday - Took the car to the Shell Station and they couldn't fix it - booked solid for that day but the mechanic told me to come by on Monday at 7 when they opened and they could do it then. Went to the air station and put more air in the tire. This was a pretty good leak - when the car was parked you could hear the air leaking out of the tire.

Sunday - No Service stations are open. I have never understood this - wouldn't the weekend be a busy time - both days and not just Saturday. They seem to fill up rather quickly on Saturdays - the overflow could come in on Sunday to get things done. If you have a good answer as to why these places are all closed on Sunday I would love to know!

Monday - Got up and went to the Shell Station to be there when they opened at 7 like the mechanic told me to do - oh gee, they were already full and wouldn't be able to get to it today. Went to their air station to put air in the tire - it wasn't working!! You've got to be kidding!! Slowly drove down in to town - went to the Shell Station - their air machine was out of order!! It's a conspiracy! Went across the street to the Chevron Station - their machine was working but it wasn't free air it cost .75 - why is it that some stations give the air away free and others charge you for it? Is it really that expensive to suck air through a tube and into a tire!! So got air in the tire so that I could now drive to Big O Tires and sit in my car until they opened at 8 so I could see if they could fix my tire - it was only 7:15 so I had to sit in the cold car for 45 minutes. I was the first one in though!! They were able to work on my car!! Oh Gee - they couldn't fix the flat - the hole was too close to the edge and the tread on all the tires was really really low. That's right - you guessed it - the flat tire has now turned into needing to get a full set of new tires. So that's what I had done - out of there by 8:45 and in to work by 9:30. Perfect Monday Morning. . . . . . . . . . NOT!!

AWOL Update - I texted with L this afternoon and she said that Talon went back to the base in Texas this morning. YAY! I texted that that was good - I didn't want him to have to be on the run and worrying about going to jail. She said neither did she.

The stress of today has resulted in . . . . . . . . . . . what's my stress relief . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that's right . . . . . . . . . . . . BAKING!! I baked up a double batch of banana muffins which will be brought in to work tomorrow for the Finance Team to enjoy. It's Year End so I know they will appreciate having them.

De

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try Les Schwab. They will fix a leak for free. Good blog.