Saturday, January 24, 2009

OCD

Started cleaning my room last night - sat down on the couch to take a break - woke up this morning at 5! Now it's time to start the weekend. This morning Muppet and I are headed to Marymoore Park to meet up with other Shih Tzu owners - hopefully little Muppy behaves herself!

Yesterday I had a conversation at work with Laurie and discovered that we have some little OCD things in common! It got me thinking - are they really OCD or just little quirks - is it just a few of us or does everyone have things like this. Here are some of my OCD issues:

  • When someone stops the microwave early and then doesn't reset the clock I have to reset it. At work, every time I walk by the microwave I check to see if it has the correct time.
  • When I fill my car up with gas, the price must end in either a 0 or a 5. If it lands on that naturally it means it is going to be a good day.
  • When grocery shopping I need to go through the store the same way every time - not just starting on the same side but going up and down the aisles the same direction.
  • I have to fix tags on people's shirts if they're sticking up and their hoods if they are flipped inside out. I have been known to do this to strangers but I am getting better at fighting that urge.
  • I used to have to double check to make sure all appliances were unplugged before I left the house. I fixed that by not using any in the morning!
  • I check 2 -3 times that I have my keys in my purse or pocket before I lock my car door and close it - then I check again as I walk away from the car.
I think that's it for now! Do you have any little OCD quirks you'd like to share!

Have a good weekend!
De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Oh my heck, I am totally OCD. I always, ALWAYS, reset the microwave. You should talk to April about this, she gives me crap about it all the time b/c her husband is the same way. Drives me nuts! As for gas, I don't care if it lands on 0 or 5, but I always, ALWAYS pump up to the next dollar amount, thereby ensuring it ends in 0 really. But it goes well beyond that actually. I usually go to AM/PM and use my debit card, which means there's a $0.45 fee. This causes me to always pump$XX.55 in gas, so the total bill is a flat dollar amount. Bit excessive don't ya think? And finally, the car keys and wallet. My bus ride is anywhere from 30 mins. to an hour depending on the traffic and I'd say I physically touch my pant leg to make sure my keys and wallet are there at least 10 times (and that's on a 30 minute trip). I am absolutely paranoid about losing my keys and/or wallet on the bus. When I walk, I purposefully swing my hand against my pants to feel that they are still in my pocket. P.S. I keep them in my front pocket so it's not like I'm touching my butt all day, just in case you wondered. Besides, it's harder to lose something out of a front pocket than the back pocket. Someone help me, I'm sick!