Friday, January 9, 2009

11.5 Hours

Long day at work - 630 am - 6:00 pm - I'm beat. It's been awhile since I've walked to catch the bus at 6:00 - I'd forgotten that when it gets dark in Seattle the colorful people come out - especially on a Friday night! First I saw a clown at Westlake Mall - yes a clown - the big shoes, colorful clothes, bright hair, and balloon animals hanging on him. I'm not sure if he was trying to make money or if he just liked to walk around dressed as a clown. I crossed 4th Ave and noticed the girl walking in front of me - why did I notice her - well it might have been the fact that she was wearing 1 jeans pant leg - not a pair of jeans with only one leg it was one pant leg without the rest of the jeans! It looked like she then had on a pair of boy shorts underwear and over that she was wearing a very thin, see through black skirt with black ribbons flowing from it - to top it off she was wearing white cat ears! Yes cat ears! Very very interesting.

Well - L didn't get the apartment she looked at on Tuesday. She has no credit history, no credit card, and they felt she didn't make enough. She called me at around 11 this morning to tell me and to ask if she could stay with me until she found a place. My answer was No - this of course did not go over well. I told her she shouldn't have left it until the last minute and she tried to tell me that she just found out a couple weeks ago that she had to leave. I don't believe this because her Bama told me at Thanksgiving that the deal was she could live with them until the beginning of the year - L's selective memory again and her trying to make me feel sorry for her. I said No again and that I wasn't bailing her out. She responded with "I am trying to talk calmly and not get angry" - I followed that with "Just because you're talking calmly doesn't mean I have to say Yes. The answer is NO you can't stay with me" She said "You're Stupid" and hung up on me.

I guess I better prepare my resolve for possible crying phone calls to start Sunday Night. Tough Love - She needs to figure it out - Stop coasting through thinking someone will always be there to rescue her or that things will just fall into her lap without having to do anything.

I am heading to bed for a much needed good night sleep.

De

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Unplug or turn off all your phones Sunday night.

Crawfords said...

YEAH D! You can do it. P.S. this is me commenting on your blog from home. Hurray for the Internet! It's late too, I think that's what the Internet makes you do...stay up way too late. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Will let you know on Monday at work. Keep it up. No bailouts!