Sunday, January 18, 2009

Small World

I went to my very first Book Club meeting today. It was pretty good. The book was My Sisters Keeper - I had read this a while ago and probably should have done a little more re-reading of it. It was a good discussion though. I really like how Jodi Piccoult writes so I had a hard time with the criticism some of the group members had - but everyone has their opinion and I still will read every Jodi book that comes out.

The weird part of the meeting was when we went around and introduced ourselves - there was an older couple there and the gentleman introduced himself as Glen. He started talking about how he is a retired music teacher and is doing some substitute teaching in the Seattle School District. He then mentioned that he had spent most of his years teaching in Issaquah - I said I grew up in Issaquah and asked if he had taught at Issaquah High School - yup for 25 years!! He said - we probably know each other - I asked what his last name was - Lutzenhiser - OMG! Glen Lutzenhiser!! He was the Marching Band director when I was in the Drill Team at IHS. I pulled out my old Yearbooks when I got home and looked him up! I will have to bring one of them to next month's meeting if he is going to be there. It is such a small world! Who would have ever thought that 27 years after getting out of high school I would end up in a random book club with a teacher!

I get to go to work tomorrow - another one of those company holiday days that Finance has to work. Oh well, I get an extra PTO Day for going in - which will kinda help with having lost 3 days at the end of the year.

De

***No Word on L's Car - so I guess BJ's prediction was wrong.**

No comments: