Thursday, January 8, 2009

They Come In Threes

This was my 3 day. What is a 3 day you might ask - well it is always said that bad luck comes in 3's and I definitely had 3 things today - well 4 if you count the little detour this morning. Which I guess if I count that then I have 2 more to come - dang it!

  1. I got up on time this morning - everything going pretty good - I was out of the house and on the road to work by 6:00. I decided to go down Gilman Blvd instead of getting directly on to I90. The parking lot by Lombardi's was completely under water - then as I approached the stoplight by Jack In The Box and Target I saw flashing lights - there was a cruiser blocking the road and having people turn around - water over the roadway. I turned left at the light not realizing that there was a pretty good body of water growing there too - I thought my car was going to stop! Lucky for me I had those new tires because they grabbed hold and got me through. (So not sure this counts as 1 - it was just a little bump in the road)
  2. Went on my regular walk with BJ to Starbucks - on the way back as we got to our building I thought I saw a drip come off the cup - got on the elevator and I realized that my cup had sprung a leak and I had hot chocolate running all over - I put my hand under the cup but it was coming out too fast - we got to our floor and raced to the kitchen to grab another cup - did I mention that I order my Hot Chocolate Extra Hot - my hand was burning. I poured it in to a new cup and then looked at the bottom of the cup. The seal had come apart and the bottom was falling off! I kept the cup and I'm bringing it back tomorrow - see if they give me a free drink.
  3. Today was check run day - It took all day to get them printed because it is also Year End and I needed to answer questions and help to research items. I needed to leave by 300 because Niki had her follow up appointment with the Vet Dentist. I was finally printing the checks at 200 - the printer grabbed 2 checks at once so the numbers were off! I had to void them and rerun the process and print new checks.
  4. I left at 300 - Niki's appointment was at 430 - traffic was horrible getting form Seattle to I90 - I got home to pick up the cat at 340 - back on the road by 350 - took me 30 minutes just to get to I405 and then 45 minutes on I405 to get to the appointment. I don't think traffic got above 10 mph. I have a new cell phone and I haven't moved my numbers over yet so I couldn't call to say I was on my way. I got there at 500 - as I was walking in the front door the vet was leaving out the back door! I didn't know that at the time - the bell rang when I walked in - no one was at the front desk - I rang the bell - no one came around. After 5 minutes I heard someone talking in the room and asked them if anyone with EVD was still around. They had someone come out and she told me the vet had just left. After the day I had had I just couldn't deal with it - I had spent 2 hours on the road and now Niki wasn't going to see the vet.
I must have looked completely dejected because the nurse called Dr. Matson on his cell phone and he came back to the office!! He checked out Niki - said things were healing up fine - her mouth inflammation is about 50% improved - she needs to come back in 4 more weeks. Next time I hope it's not raining or snowing and I think I might take the back roads instead of I405.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.

De

**Quick L update - she is on her own cell plan now. She looked at a studio apartment on Tuesday and the management company called me to check on her - she put me down as a former landlord. I haven't heard from her since then - I hope she gets the apartment.**

No comments: