Friday, January 23, 2009

Stress

So glad it is Friday!! Definitely ready for a weekend.

I decided I need to stop listening to the news. Every day there is another story about another company announcing layoffs. Makes me nervous and I start to stress out. Yesterday's announcement from Microsoft was very stressful - if a company that announced 4th Qtr profits of $16.63 billion dollars feels the need to cut back on their workforce then we don't stand a chance. I certainly hope things can get turned around with the new administration. I heard on the radio yesterday that President Obama's economic advisor thinks that the rest of the bail out money should be used to start building projects that will create jobs but that it shouldn't go to the experienced, white, male construction worker it should go to the out of work minorities who have no experience and need to have on the job training. That's a little scary - let's penalize those people that have worked and gained experience and reward those that have done nothing and are always waiting for someone to bail them out.

What do you think?

De

No comments: