Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yay Fall TV!!

My old shows are starting back up and new shows are grabbing my interest. Of course I now have that problem of too many shows on at the same time and not being able to record them all! Why is it that there are some days when there is nothing on that I want to watch and on other days there too many shows I want to watch. Like tonight - 800 - Big Brother 10, Fringe, and 90210. Tomorrow night at 800 - absolutely nothing. Good thing I have a video iPod because I may just have to buy some episodes on iTunes. Or - if I'm lucky - some of the shows will be available On Demand. Time to start working on my Fall schedule!

Not a lot to write about today. Work was fine - well it was ok - well I was a little ticked off. I am a Supervisor and I am having a performance issue with someone that reports to me. I have tried different ways of talking to this person and coaching them to no avail - it's like talking to a child and they just nod their head and agree with what you're saying and then when they leave they just forget everything because they just don't care. So - 2 major month end errors came up today that have created some items that may not be able to be fixed. I talked with my Manager to see if he had any ideas on what else I can do - he gave me nothing. So I emailed one of the people in HR to see if there are any procedures or policies in place at the company on how to handle this. I then went to my manager to let him know that I was going to go talk to HR to get some assistance and he told me "No - I couldn't do that" What?!?!?!?! He said everyone makes mistakes - I said yeah but this isn't just one mistake that there have been multiple issues over the past few months that have created reconciling items for other people in Finance - there have been major attitude problems - and no attempt at trying to make changes. He said he would have to talk to the person her reports to to see what they think and he would get back to me but that I can not meet with HR. You have got to be kidding me!! Part of my performance review is based on how the person that reports to me completes their duties and he's just tied my hands and I can't deal with the issues at hand. Friggin ridiculous!!!!!!!

Well - tomorrow is another day - Yippee! (sarcastic tone :P)

De

No comments: