Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Update

Saturday was a fairly busy day. I had to take Niki to the vet to get a shot of cortisone and get some more meds - her mouth issue had come back and needed some love and attention which she was definitely not getting from L even though she is L's cat. So I wrapped Niki up in a towel and drove her to the vet. She was so good - no howling in the car and went straight to the back room got her shot and came back out. I am now her favorite person - she is very thankful that I take care of her problem - I have nicknamed her Drooly Bug though because this illness causes her to drool massively! Poor girl. Next job was to drive L to Redmond to hang with her friend Kellie - L was typical L and didn't appreciate the ride - just bitched at me about the way I drove there because it took and extra 5 minutes to get there than she had planned on - of course it was my fault and not the line of cars in front of us. When I got home it was time to shower and get ready for the evening - Alicia Keys here I come!!

I met Lyd at a restaurant in Issaquah a little after 600 - Tiger Mountain Grill. This restaurant has gone through many owners and management teams and is yet again under new management. I think they were under staffed because we had a 15 minute wait but when we were shown to our table there were many open tables not being used. It took awhile for our server to come by and get our drink order but once the order was placed it was served up quickly. One big issue - she kept giving Lyd's root beer to me and instead of serving me coke I got diet coke. The food was goof though - I had a Prime Rib Dip with a House Salad and Lyd had a Meatball Grinder with Fries. After dinner it was off to the concert.

The concert was held at the Wamu Theater which is really the Qwest Event Center with heavy curtains put up and seating and a stage.We were 28 rows back from the stage which was great - until the 27 rows of people in front of us stood up and then it was hard for the 5' 4'' person to see much of anything. Alicia has a powerful voice and is a great piano player - she's not a dancer so the actual performance was a little lacking and it wasn't until the very last song and the encore that she sang something that was popular and we knew the words to. Lyd and i decided that we should stick to country concerts where we can actually sing along. Now it was time to leave the parking garage. What a nightmare!! If you have ever parked there before you know that there are 6 levels of parking that are all trying to leave the structure through one exit with 2 lanes. Usually after a football game they have security people directing the cars so that the exodus goes quickly. Not so after the concert. It took us an hour to get out of there!! They finally had security people come and direct traffic after we had been sitting there for about 50 minutes - once they started directing traffic it only took us 10 minutes to get out of there and to I90. Once we got to I90 it was clear sailing back to Issaquah! So we learned from this outing that concerts aren't necessarily our thing - Wamu Theater is not a good venue - next time park on the street because the Qwest Parking Garage is a nightmare.

No plans yet for today - I may make a trip to Target but I'm not sure. It is really cool outside - definitely Fall has arrived here in Washington. I may just snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and watch football! Cougs won yesterday!! Let's hope the Hawks can do the same. I will just put on my Hasselbeck Jersey and cheer them on.

De

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

GO COWBOYS! Boo Seahawks.

Crawfords said...

Washington had a pretty good football weekend. Cougs got their first victory, albeit over a div. 2 school. The Hawks beat up on the Rams. Bout time they busted out on someone. And the Huskies looked better than they have the previous 3 weeks! HA HA! (They were off this week for anyone who doesn't get the joke). Oh, and P.S. - my Cougs pitched another shutout 44-0 over Wyoming. Rise and shout the Cougars are out!