Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September Already?!?

I am having a hard time believing that it is September already - where did August go?!? For that matter -what happened to summer - I don't remember having one! Today it was 54* when I got up - not summer! I bet the leaves start changing colors any time now. And didn't I just have a month end at work - it's month end again - time to work late.

I can't remember if I have blogged about the gal that works for me - not going to name her but those who work with me know who I'm talking about. Anyways - one of her jobs is to make the deposits at the bank and at month end that means that every check that is received on the last work day of the month has to be deposited. Friday was that day and the mail was running late - it didn't get delivered until 4:00 - no problem because the bank is open until 6:00 - but this gal - who never works late at all even though she has been talked to about it by me - comes to my desk at 4:00, tears in her eyes, saying "The mails not here and I got in at 730 this morning so I should be going home." I'm not sure what she expected me to say but I don't think it is what I said - "Well, it's month end and sometimes you have to work overtime to get everything done." Yeah - she wasn't happy. I should also let you know that she had been on vacation for a week and a half and while she was gone I did the deposits for her - it doesn't take as long as she likes to try and make it and it's not exactly difficult. Guess I will be having yet another little chat with her.

De

No comments: