Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dog Park

Hey ~ it's Muppet! Mom thought it would be best for me to talk about our day so you could get it from my perspective. Mom took me to what she called an "off leash dog park". I wasn't exactly sure what this was - I just knew that she grabbed my leash and I got to go for a car ride! I love to ride in the car - especially when Mom doesn't hook me up in my car seat so I can crawl over and ride in her lap. It's the best of both worlds - I can see out the window and I get to be close to my Mom - I like to be close to Mom!

First thing we did was go to a drive thru! I got very excited because drive-thru usually means I'm getting french fries! I was so excited but when we got up to the window all they handed us was something to drink - dang it - Starbucks Drive Thru - no food for dogs. We then drove in the car for about 20 minutes and then parked. Mom put my leash on and I got out of the car. First thing I noticed - it was warm - second thing - I was having to walk on rocks. I don't like to walk on rocks - no matter how big or small they are. I walked across the rocks and to a place that had sawdust and lots of smells. I stopped and smelled this one group of grasses - and sniffed - and sniffed - and sniffed. Mom pulled me and made me walk to another area. There she took my leash off - Oh!! Off-Leash Park! I get it. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do so I just stood there and sniffed at some more plants. While I was sniffing - minding my own business - two really big dogs came up and just started to sniff my butt - oh yeah - that's always enjoyable. I ignored them and they walked off - then this Jack Russell Terrier came running up - gave me a quick sniff in the butt - and then started hugging me from behind - what the hell!!! I do not believe I gave him permission to do that. Then - to make matters worse - he drooled on my back!! Gross!! Mom smacked him and said to get off - good grief where were his parents. I gave Mom a sad look and she put my leash back on and we walked away from this group of gropers!!

The next place we came up to at the park had stairs that led down to water - oh great - I know what that means - Mom's going to want to try and turn me in to a water dog. I don't like to get wet. We walked down the stairs and there were all these big huge dogs running into the water - fetching tennis balls - climbing out and shaking water off - and then jumping back in. Idiots!! Mom got me close to the water and then I sat down and dug in my heels - I'm not going in I told her - with my eyes. Dang it - she picked me up and put me down so that the water came up to my ankles - I tried to move away and my back foot slipped making my butt slide into the water. I just stood there and stared at her. She didn't notice though because she was too busy looking at the big dogs and talking to one of the owners about how this was the big dogs first time swimming too.

We finally left the water area. We walked for a bit - I found a nice patch of weeds and did my business - and then I decided I had had enough - I sat down - leaned a little to the side - and refused to walk anymore. I like to do this - it kinda embarrasses Mom!! She finally picked me up and we headed back to the car.

When we got home I found a nice quiet spot and immediately went to sleep. You wouldn't believe how exhausting it is to have dozens of strange dogs sniffing at you!!

Muppet

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

I like the new format. Poor Muppet.