Thursday, September 25, 2008

Diamond(s) In My Eyes!

I’m not even sure where to start! The concert last night was just incredible. Picture this – a dark stage – the music starts to play – and then a spotlight shines on a guy at the back of the stage with his back to us – slowly he turns around and starts playing his guitar – walking to the front of the stage singing Beautiful Noise! Ladies screaming and lots of clapping! He then moves on to the older songs that everyone remembers. Everyone sang along to Forever In Blue Jeans, Cracklin’ Rosie, and of course Sweet Caroline (So Good So Good So Good). . . . . When he sang Love On The Rocks I was transported back in time to when I used to play this on my tape player and cry because a boy had broken up with me. At the end of You Don’t Bring Me Flowers he slow danced with the gal that sang the duet with him and it was just so romantic . . . . I want one! After we strolled down memory lane he sang some of his new stuff from the Home Before Dark CD - Neil – a guitar – and that incredible sexy deep gravelly voice of his – I felt tingles go up and down my spine. One of the highlights – of which there were many – was when he sang the song Brooklyn Roads and there was a montage of old family movies playing on the screens by the stage. Before I knew it he was saying good-bye and Thank You Seattle and leaving the stage. Of course, a Diamond concert is never a Diamond concert without the best encore songs ever- America and then Brother Loves Traveling Salvation Show. As long as he is touring and singing I will go to see him. This was my 8th Diamond Concert – each time has been a different experience – a lot of the same songs sung – but each crowd is different and I have gone with different people. Last night’s crowd was very energetic – lots of singing, dancing, screaming – and no one behind us told us to sit down! Of course – going with another Diamond Fan is always the best – especially if they are as in love with him as you are. My partner in this is my Mom! She is as big of a fan as I am – we both love him and go weak in the knees when he sings in the deep deep voice! After the concert I got a T-Shirt and Mom and I matching Teddy Bears that are wearing Neil Diamond Rocks t-shirts! I of course have the program too! Mom and I were looking through it before the concert started and sighing over some of the pictures. Dad was a good sport through out it all - he even got up and danced and clapped his hands - no screaming though!

De

No comments: