Saturday, September 13, 2008

Washington Apple - Yum!

I have actually been busy and this is the first chance I have had to actually sit down and write! Yesterday day after work a group of us from Finance went out to Happy Hour at Mexico in Pacific Place. I figured I would go - have one drink - head home on the bus in time to watch most of the Cougar game on the Internet. I stayed longer! I had a really good time - chatting - getting to know people outside of work - having Happy Hours!! Not to mention - the Cougs were not starting off very well so there really wasn't any reason to head on home. I was going to go catch the 736 bus but when I asked Charles for the time it was already 736 - yup not going to make that bus - so David said looks like we have time for another round! I was going to then try for the 806 bus - but at 800 I knew there was no way I was going to catch that bus either - so yup - another round! This time I tried a drink called the Washington Apple Shot - it literally tastes like apple juice. It was really good - good thing it was the last drink otherwise I may have had to have another one of those! I left for the bus - walked as fast as I could - of course hit every crossing when it switched to Do Not Walk. I got to the last crossing - my bus was already there and my sign said Do Not Walk - SO I didn't walk - I ran!! No traffic so I was safe but I had to catch this bus because the next one wasn't going to be there until 936 and I was not hanging around on 2nd Ave for an hour. On my way to the bus I gave L a call. I asked her if she could call one of her friends to drive her to the Park and Ride because I thought it would be best if she drove me home. I didn't feel drunk - I felt like I could probably drive - but then that's what a lot of people who get pulled over think so I figured it just wasn't worth taking a chance. I was very appreciative and glad that L was at home on a Friday night.

This morning I got up and drove L to her friend Kellie's house - they were heading to the Puyallup Fair - I gave some money so she could bring home some Fair Scones!! Those are the best things in the world! After I dropped her off I went to run errands. The Linens and Things in Issaquah is going out of business and they are having a huge liquidation sale. Both L and I needed new bed pillows - the ones we have were getting pretty flat! Linens and Things had them for $8 for a pack of 2 - good price. Next I headed over to PetCo to get a new cat comb and nail clipper - can't seem to find the ones I had - then it was to Ross. Ross is one of those stores that I go to every month or so to see what kinds of items they have - sometimes you can find good things and other times I can go through the racks and find nothing. I found a couple shirt for $7.99 - then it was off to Target! One of my favorite places! I found a few items there - then when I was in the parking lot L called to see if I could pick her up form Kellie's house - they were on their way back from the fair. So it was off to get her and then back home - I had left the house at 1130 this morning and didn't get back until 600! I got home and finished watching the UW football game - David won the bet he made with Divina last night - he said the Huskies were going to lose by 17 or more points and Divina thought it would be closer - both of them are Huskies. I also made Apple Cup bets with both of them - $5 - this is either going to be a great year for me or a not so good year - I now have 3 bets on this game. After we made the bets David made a joke saying that great - not only did we all have a drinking problem but now we had a gambling problem too!

Between the two days I had a great time! Oh - and Putbory likes the idea of cooking classes so I am going to look up the information and forward it on to her to see which ones she would be interested in.

L is out right now with her friend Jess and I am going to head to bed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

De

No comments: