Monday, September 29, 2008

L Update

Let's catch up on the activities of L! It's been awhile since I wrote about what she has been doing - mostly because it hasn't been anything that has caused a major fight in the house.

L has spent the last 2 weekends hanging out with her friend Kelly. The first weekend they were at Kelly's house - I dropped L off there on Saturday morning and brought her home on Sunday. When she got in the car it reeked . . . my whole car instantly smelled like weed. It was disgusting. I had to drive home with the windows down so that the smell wouldn't stay in the car. L just laughed and said it was because she had been smoking weed for the past 9 hours. Now - there's a good use of time. When she got home she went straight to her room and proceeded to pass out for the night. Monday morning when i went in to wake her up her room smelled horrible - her door had been closed all night as well as her window - it was stuffy and smelled of weed and dirty dishes. It continued all week and I told her that she needed to air her room out the coming weekend. She said she may not be home and I said fine - if she wasn't here I would air it out for her.

Now we come to this weekend - L left Friday to head to West Seattle to meet up with Kelly - Kelly's new boyfriend that she met online - and his roommate. His roommate wanted to meet L. She left at 630 and was incommunicado for the whole weekend until Sunday night when she needed a ride home. She called me at 700 and said the bus they were taking was leaving at 800 and could I pick her up from Kelly's house after 900. We had a discussion about how it was late one a work night - couldn't she take a bus to the PR here - yada yada yada. You know how this goes - I gave in and said OK I would get her but that she better hope she passes her driving test on Tuesday because I was not doing this again. So I waited for her to call and let me know they were close to Kelly's. Around 900 I hadn't heard so I texted her - "where are you" - she texted back - "the bus is running late" - "where abouts are you" - "just getting on the bus" I ended up not getting her until 1015 and then had to drive back home. And - buses don't run an hour late - they just lost track of time and caught the later bus.

So - the whole weekend while she was gone I opened her window and door and ran fans to send in fresh air and suck out the bad nasty air. It was nice - didn't last very long though - L came home yet again reeking of cigarettes and weed - slept in her room with the window and door closed - we are now back to where we were before - extremely smelly room. I don't know how she can live in there - it is just disgusting.

On a different L topic - she has her driving test tomorrow morning at 830 - all beware in Bellevue! Keep your fingers crossed - if she passes her test she is just that much closer to getting a foot out the door and heading out on her own.

De

*** 5 Days To Vegas***

No comments: