Monday, December 22, 2008

Stuck and Hating This Snow

I hate the snow!!!!!!! It is nothing but trouble. Sure it looks all pretty when it first starts but then it just keeps coming down and piling up more and more. I didn't get as much as some places but I would venture a guess that we have somewhere between 8 - 12 inches. I do know that it came up to Muppet's nose this morning - when she was walking through the snow she looked like she was having to dog paddle.

This afternoon I was really starting to go stir crazy and feeling a little claustrophobic - so on the advice of Lindsay and Tony I bundled up and went out to take a walk. Yeah - that lasted about 2 minutes - not because of the temperature but because of the fact that as I stepped out on to the parking lot in front of my house my feet went flying out from under me and I ended up flat on my back. Luckily I didn't land on poor Muppet. It has now been a couple hours since the fall and I am really starting to feel it - Muppet was on my left side and I landed pretty hard on my right side. My arm is getting pretty stiff and sore.

Besides being slippery - this snow has also delayed the delivery of 1 Christmas gift I ordered from Target - scheduled for delivery last Friday - delayed until today - and once again delayed. I hope it gets here tomorrow or else someone won't have it to open up. The package from Texas is supposed to be delivered tomorrow too - these delivery drivers need to not be so wussy and just get up here. What ever happened to nothing stopping them - not snow, sleet, or rain.

This weather has definitely zapped my holiday spirit. I swear - if this snow keeps me from spending Christmas with family and I am stuck here by myself - I am going to be very upset. I changed my plan of heading to Texas because I didn't feel right leaving L up here by herself for the holiday and now I might end up being by myself.

OK - I'm going to take some Advil and hope this pain in my arm goes away.

De

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sorry you fell --- thanks for calling dad and I out on that one. It isn't our fault!

I hope you can get to Nana's on Wednesday, I think you would be stuck in the airport if you were trying to get here -- I saw the Seattle airport on the Today show this morning. It doesn't look fun.

LOVE YOU!