Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So Sad :(

Have you ever had a favorite food suddenly not be available? I went to QFC tonight on my way home - it was time to get my favorite holiday cookies - Mothers Gingerbread Boys. They come in the bag like the frosted animal cookies and they go fast. Last year they were gone in a week! I love these cookies - they are bite size Gingerbread Boys - and just the right amount of ginger flavor. I got to QFC - went and got milk and then headed to the cookie aisle. Last year they were in a display at the end of the aisle so I checked there first - hmmm nothing. Next I headed to the cookie aisle and walked the length of it. I couldn't find them. As I was making my second trip down the aisle in case I had just missed them I suddenly stopped - looked around - OMG - there weren't any Mothers Cookies. They had been replaced by the generic QFC brand - Franz. I need my ginger cookies - it's Christmas - I have had those cookies during the holidays for the last 4 to 5 years.

When I got home I decided to Google Mothers Cookies - sometimes on the actual company's website you can look up stores in your area that carry the brand. I Googled and the first article that came up was - Mother's Cookies Abruptly Shut Down!!! They abruptly closed down production and went out of business back in October!! No more Gingerbread Man Cookies - Circus Animal Cookies - Iced Oatmeal. It's like losing a part of my childhood. I remember when my sister and I were in High School - our parents went on a ski vacation and left us home alone. Mom left us money for groceries during the week. Both Colleen and I took some of the money and bought a big bag of Circus Animal Cookies each. We hadn't told each other we were going to do that so we each got our own bag. I did find a website where you can order some cookies before they are all gone. They are filling orders right now so you need to check back on Dec 5th to see what is still available. Of Course - no Gingerbread Men and the Circus Animals have limited availability.

So no Gingerbread Cookies - I'm going to have to find a new favorite. What was your favorite Mother's Cookie?

I am going to try and stay up tonight to watch Fringe - I will blog about any Fringe - Lost connections tomorrow if I see any. If I fall asleep I do have it scheduled to record so I will just watch it when I get home tomorrow night.

De

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I can't believe you still remember about money we spent while mom and dad were on vacation. I'm sure you will be surprised but I don't remember.
I wish I had your memory.

De said...

What?!? You don't remember something that happened 29 years ago!! I'm shocked!