Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow and Flu

Blogging has been on hold for the past few days - my Thursday snow day turned into a sick day - the flu has knocked me for a loop. I thought it was just a 24 hour bug - 48 hours later I'm still feeling like crap.

So L stayed with me 2 nights last week due to the weather - I wish I could say that things were different but they weren't. She came home with 3 "friends" Thursday night and they went out on the deck to "smoke" I made them leave at 9. When she came back after dropping them off she went in to the kitchen and banged around in there - there's nothing to eat around here. Well - there's not any of the stuff she usually eats because she doesn't live here! She wanted to know if she could do chores to earn money for Christmas gifts. Seems that 2 weeks after getting paid she has already run through the portion of her paycheck she gets to keep in addition to the extra $100 she was allotted for Christmas gifts. I think it's going to be up to Santa to fill my stocking this year!!

I ventured out in to town today - needed to mail off a box to Texas and decided to run in to Target real quick to grab some stuff before the next storm hits. I have never done shopping the weekend before Christmas around here - what a zoo. People were very friendly though and patient. At Target they had one large line for checking out and workers sending you to the check out lane that was open. Things moved real smoothly. My last stop was QFC to stock up on items in case the storm is as bad as they are predicting. When I left QFC the snow was starting to come down and the wind was starting to blow. Time to hunker down - turn on the fire - and prepare for the possibility of being snowed in.

De

1 comment:

putbory said...

They always make the storms out to be much worse than they are, but I think I believe them this time. It's snowing pretty hard over here and not that i would go out in this cold, but i'd at least like to have the option! :P Hope you, Muppet, and the cats are keeping warm!