Friday, December 12, 2008

De's Animal Clinic

Niki was able to come home this morning. I called around 7 and they said she could be picked up at anytime. I got down there a bit before 8 but didn't get to take her until after 9. As I was paying the rest of her bill - yes I had to pay even more because I didn't come get her after she had been there for 12 hours so they charged me for another 12 hour block! So - as I was paying the bill 2 young men came rushing in with their cat in a box - saying they didn't know what happened - one of the boys was crying and he put the box down saying please don't have died on our way here - he was gently shaking Milo and calling his name. They took him and his friend into a room - Milo had passed on. It was heart wrenching to watch. These boys didn't look like the emotional type let alone the cat types. They had long hair, gaged ears, piercings - - looks can definitely be deceiving. They left to go sit in their car for a bit while the doctor's were going to try and figure out what happened. It just broke my heart. I know how they felt - my baby Joie passed on rather suddenly 2 years ago -you never get over something like that.

Niki seems to be doing ok - she's pretty stoned right now! I put her up in L's for awhile - gave her some canned food with her anti-biotics mixed in - she lapped it all up! I set up her own little kitty box in there too which she used so I know she can do it all. I had put a bed in there for her put it was up too high so she is now using Muppets bed - I will have to figure out what to do with Muppet on Monday. I brought Niki out in to the living room to be with the family for awhile - she really likes to sit in front of the fireplace so I put her bed there and she has just been resting. Buffy is standing guard right by her. I just caught Buffy trying to clean Niki and had to stop her - don't want her to dislodge the pain patch or any of the stitches. I will have to move Niki back to L's room at bed time so that Buffy stays away from her.

I need to go play nurse maid - Niki needs her mouth wiped.

De

PS - When I posted about decorating I made a comment about having to make sure the cats didn't knock over the Christmas Tree! Well - Buffy got very interested and when I got home from work this is what I found.

No comments: