Sunday, December 7, 2008

L - #3

L called me this evening and said she needed to show me something and would be over in about 20 minutes. When she got here she showed me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tattoo #3!!! OMG!!! They just keep getting bigger and more out there. Yup - this one covers her right hip and is an homage to John Lennon - it is a gun shooting out a flag with a peace sign and the word Imagine written in script down through it. It's in the same purple and black colors as her "sweet" tattoo. All I could do was shake my head. I asked her how much - $80. I asked how she was able to get the money from her grandparents and she told me she hasn't been home since she got paid on Friday - which means she has had her whole paycheck all weekend. Hmm - wonder how much of that paycheck she has left. I know she called me on Friday to get directions to Bellevue Square - so she went shopping on Friday and got a Tattoo today. I'm guessing about half of that paycheck is gone.

I have been working on a beading project today. I haven't made any jewelry in a long time. I started working on a piece today and just felt all those creative juices start running again. I now have all these ideas running through my head - I can't work fast enough! I want to try and finish the piece I'm working on right now before bed so I will write more tomorrow.
De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

It's precious moments like this that remind you why you could care less when she starts the crocodile tears about not having any money. It's no wonder her grandparents don't give her control of her hard earned funds. By the way, are they charging her rent? Making her pay for any of her food? If not, all they're doing is enabling these actions. Nice as it is of them to allow her to live with them, they've become her crutch rather than you. If they are charging her, good for them. Someday L will grow up and realize how good she had it.