Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow - Yeah Right!

Well - it's another Seattle Winter Storm!! Yeah - I woke up this morning hearing that the Issaquah Schools were closed - in fact almost all the school districts are closed - I climbed out of bed - looked out the window to see the winter wonderland - I saw pavement! No snow - Not snowing - looked like a regular morning. Why are the schools closed? I turned to the TV and watched as they listed the schools again - Issaquah Closed - due to the possibility of heavy snow this afternoon and concern for the safety of their students and staff. You're kidding! They never closed schools for that when I was in school - and I went to Issaquah High School! I can remember having to walk to the fire station on Tiger Mountain Road because that was where the bus would pick everyone up - they would not drive through Mirrormont. Back in my day we would hike through 3 feet of snow to the fire station - up hill both ways - just to go to school!!!!! OK - maybe not that bad but we would have to go to school. I drove to the park and ride and rode the bus in to work. I will keep an eye on the weather and keep looking at traffic cameras in Issaquah to check on any snow accumulation. If it starts looking like it might get bad I will just go catch a bus and head home.

Niki went to the Vet yesterday and had her pain patch removed. She seems OK - still not eating - the doc gave me some pain meds to give her to see if that helps her to eat - nope this was not included in the previous payments so I had to fork out another $30. I let her stay out with everyone last night and when I woke up this morning I had 3 animals curled up tight next to me trying to stay warm! Even Muppet - who is not a snuggler when she sleeps - was curled up tight under my arm. I kinda wished it had snowed a lot last night so I could just stay in bed with them.

Well - I'm gonna get started on my work so that if it really starts snowing I can get outta here. Here are some pics of little Niki and Muppet. De

No comments: