Monday, December 29, 2008

How Long Can You Keep Up Christmas Lights?

I am sitting here in my new Christmas jammies - red with white lace - I look like Mrs Claus! They are really very comfortable. I have turned off the TV - for some reason the constant talking was getting on my nerves - which is really quite strange because I always have had the TV on for background noise. I don't have the lights on my Christmas tree on but I do have the lights on my window going. I think they look like fairy lights - scattered across the window pane in no particular order. I think they are beautiful and I am wondering how long I can get way with keeping them up. What is the "rule" on Christmas lights? Should they come down right at New Years - can I keep them up through the winter. Hmmm - I guess I could just keep them up and see if anyone complains - because if you are a regular reader you know that I have some neighbors who like to complain about everything - so I may just keep them up until I get a little letter from the Home Owner's Association telling me that they have received complaints. I could make it a game to see how long it takes!

Today was a good day at work. I got things done and I haven't started feeling stressed about Year End coming - which is so nice.

L just breezed in and back out - she came by to pick up some mail - a letter from the felon that is at the State Pen in Walla Walla - and a Christmas Card and Gift Card from her Dad. She also had an overdraft notice from the bank but I don't think she even really looks at those anymore - she's just like oh well, when I get paid again I'll just cover the fees. She just doesn't get that when you make that impulsive $10 buy at Red Robin it's actually a $45 buy because of the fees. I don't know how to teach her that. Oh well - she's going to be learning about bills here soon because as of Jan 5th I am taking her off my Cell Phone Plan - she hasn't paid me for her phone charges in 2 months and I need to cut down on my monthly bills. I can get a plan with T-Mobile that will only cost me around $50 a month - much better than the $160 I am paying now.

It's early but I am going to head to bed - snuggle deep under the covers - claim my territory before that cats come in and start laying in the middle of the bed!

52 Hours until 2009!

De

No comments: