Sunday, December 28, 2008

Meetup

Busy Busy Day today! I liked having plans.

I went to Sunday Brunch with Lyd this morning. We went to Big Bear Diner in Bellevue. It was really good. I hadn't gone out for breakfast in a long time. I think we will need to make a habit of this. Afterwards we went to Bellevue Square to wander around a bit. I hadn't been to the square in awhile - I had forgotten what it was like to wander around with a bunch of rich snobby people from Bellevue - yeah, won't be going back there anytime soon unless I absolutely have to - like if the Apple Store starts calling my name.

Tonight I went to my first Meetup Function. Meetup is a website where you can go and find all sorts of different groups in your area that you can join and get together with. They have them for all different types of interests. The group I met with tonight was the 40 Something Club. We met up at JJMahoney's which is an Irish Pub in Redmond. Then we went and saw Four Christmas at the Bella Botega Theaters. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the people I met and will definitely go to another function. I joined another club - Eastsiders Book Club that is meeting up the middle of January.

All part of my New Years Resolution to make new friends. Well on my way as I met Becky, Nicole, Jeff, Monica, and Gerard tonight.

De

No comments: