Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Time

Christmas is over and I am back home. It seemed like a roller-coaster ride for part of the time and the roller-coaster was being run by an 18 year old.

I really enjoyed spending time with my Mom and Dad for the holiday. The ride up was clear of snow until we got off the highway and then it was like four-wheeling in the back woods - I only have a Ford Focus which is not equipped for the bumpy - icy - rut filled drive we had - I lost one of my hubcaps. :( The county had definitely not been doing any plowing on these roads. I was very thankful to finally get to my destination. Christmas Eve dinner was flank steak and Yorkshire Pudding. Yummy!! After dinner we started watching A Christmas Story. I love that there is a 24 hour marathon of that movie. I saw it when it came out in the theater way back when. Christmas morning came - we had a good morning. It was relaxing - during the time L was sleeping and then when she went for a walk. This morning we left to head home at 945 in the morning - I have been home since and enjoying not having to do anything or be anywhere.

I did not enjoy spending all that time with L. She was unpleasant and argumentative starting from the moment we left for La Conner on Wednesday morning. I was driving too slow - she hated the radio station - she couldn't smoke in the car - she was hungry - she hated my driving in the snow - she could do better - I was going too fast. All of that on the 2.5 hour drive to La Conner. I was so ready to just drop her off somewhere and leave. She immediately started in on Nana - when was dinner - she was hungry - the Internet wasn't working. After dinner I gave Mom a Christmas back massage - while I was doing that L said she was next - I said No that this was just something special for Nana. Oh that did so not go over well - she gave me a dirty look then started ordering me to move because I was in front of the TV - I told her she could move to the other end of the couch until I was done - she said No she was there first and I needed to move. I didn't move and she angrily scowled the rest of the evening. Christmas morning she was in a nice mood - seemed to enjoy what she got for Christmas - once all of that was over though her true colors came back out and she started in on - she was bored - why were we staying overnight again - she wanted to leave - she can't just sit on her ass and do nothing all day - I told her that next time maybe she should bring her own car and she responded with maybe next time I should just not plan on staying so long so she could get back to her friends. This went on for the whole day - even when we didn't respond to her she just kept on going. It was exhausting just being around her. This morning she woke up around 900 and was ready to go by 945. She packed and got things in the car so fast. The ride back was about as wonderful as the ride up there. When we got back to my place she moved her loot to her car - came upstairs to get a back pack she had left here - then just left.

Now I don't want to end this post on a downer note because I did enjoy the time with my parents. When I got home my mother-in-law Merilyn came by and brought me a Christmas present. Those who have known me for awhile know that I like cows. Merilyn brought me a cow print suitcase!!! It is great - I will never lose it on the carousel at the airport and I probably don't need to worry about someone walking off with it. Here's a pic!

Muppet had a good time too. If this picture could make noise you would be able to here the exhausted snoring of my little pup!! De

No comments: