Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice - Cold - Pennies

Well - the first "icy" drive of the winter wasn't too bad for me. There really weren't that many icy patches between here and the park and ride. I had an appointment after work today but decided I would rather deal with trying to get a bus home at the right time than to try driving in to work. I got to the park and ride after 624 so I figured I had missed that bus. There were a lot of people in line - come to find out, the 624 bus was late so I didn't miss it after all. On the ride in I watched Fred Claus on my iPod - I rented the movie from iTunes. It was actually a pretty cute movie. I finished watching it on the bus ride home. Tomorrow I have to make it to an appointment in Kirkland after work with Niki - so I have to get home - grab her - head back out - get to her 430 appointment. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to drive in to work or take the bus again. That will be a decision for the morning. One thing I know I'm going to do - wear more clothes!! It was dang cold out there this morning. It's been awhile since I've walked around outside when the temperature is in the teens. Definitely need to layer it up. It was so cold that BJ and I didn't walk to our regular Starbucks - which is a couple blocks form work - we went across the street and went to the one in that building.

L just called me a few minutes ago - she said she was still in Tukwilla because the roads were icy and wanted to know if she could stay here tonight because the roads up at Bama and Bepas were pretty icy. My first statement was - i guess you didn't go to work today - Nope. I told her that she could come here but that she needed to be here by 900 because that was when I was heading to bed and that she would need to get up and leave at the same time as me in the morning and I have been leaving at 600. She was all - hmmmmmm ohhhhhh hmmmmm - I guess I'll call you tomorrow. Guess that means she isn't staying here with me tonight. After I got off the phone with her a couple of things came to mind - why didn't she drive back out this way while it was daylight and driving on the side streets wouldn't be as bad - what does she plan on doing if the snow that is predicted to come no Wednesday and Thursday actually happens. The house rules are going to be the same - be here by 900 and leave with me in the morning. I am sure she hasn't thought that far ahead - planning is not exactly part of her vocabulary.

Oh - Tony you are a very funny guy!!! I got home tonight to find a package on my doorstep from Texas. I picked it up and it made quite a lot of noise - many things rattling around. I opened it to find the payment for the Apple Cup bet - which was $5 - but instead of a nice crisp bill I got a plastic bank filled with pennies!!! That's just great!! I guess I'll be taking a trip to CoinStar and turning it in for a gift card - if you choose a gift card instead of cash you don't have to pay a fee. So I guess I got a $5 iTunes card!! The funny thing - it cost him more to send the pennies than the actual amount of the bet!! That's a Husky for you - not real good in the math department!

De

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to admit, sending the pennies was a great gag. Paying the postage to send the pennies was worth it...it's called being bitter...lol

Lindsay said...

haha dad that is hilarious!