Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Work + Year-End + Auditors = Stress!

Going from a month with many work holidays (December) - to two months with holidays that finance didn't get to take (Jan 2, MLK Day) - along with Year-End Processing, January Close, and the presence of Auditors on a daily basis - add into the mix one of our team members getting laid off - you get a very stressed, cranky, tired, department. I know I have been irritable, stressed, and cranky - my tone of voice with co-workers has probably not been very nice and I know I have been short with some people. I think I just need some time off. Today the Auditors came back with yet another list of selections that they wanted pulled - which means they need to be pulled, copied, and reviewed. I swear - some of their selections I have pulled and copied multiple times! Just when it is about time for the Auditors to probably leave the office we will need to close out February. these first two months of the year have just been a blur of work.

Last Friday was Matt's last day in the office - his official last day of work is Feb 28th but he won't be coming in anymore. It was tough on Friday. His going away party was fun up until the time I had to say good-bye. I am going to miss working with him - not that he was perfect and great to work for all of the time but he was definitely a manager I felt I could ask questions of and he would help me work things out. I took some pictures at the party but some people from the department were quite vocal about not wanting their picture posted on the internet. So here are just a few pics - we were at Tap House Grill in the back room with the pool tables. Oh - and I discovered a really good drink - cranberry juice, Citroen absolute, and a lime!! Very tasty and very dangerous - tastes like juice!


"The Aliens lowered the light helmets to suck out Matt's brain!!"









"We enjoyed appetizers too. Finance likes to eat!"







De

No comments: