Friday, February 13, 2009

No Word

I know - it's rather early for me to be posting. I am at work right now but not really clocked in for work. I got in at 7 so my 8 hours are up but I am staying until 5 so that I can go to Tap House Grill for Matt's Good-Bye gathering.

I have not heard a word from L today. No text - no call - no trying to give excuses as to why she didn't come by last night for the meeting she scheduled. She hasn't been home - except for sleeping in the house on Sunday and coming by to grab things while I'm at work - since she lost her job. She has managed to go through almost all of her paycheck in the past week - don't ask me how I know - so I expect her to be home soon to beg for money. I don't think I'm going to be there when she comes by and I don't think she'll be getting in to the house anymore while I'm not there. If she's blown $600 in a week she's going to need a refill very soon and I don't want to be the victim of her getting it. I plan on stopping by Home Depot on my home tonight and purchasing a door handle that has a lock in it - right now the door lock is just a dead bolt so I am going to swap out the existing handle for a new locking handle. L must have a place to stay seeing as she hasn't been home to sleep in a week.

Silly me - I had thought that the experience of losing all her stuff and not having anywhere to go - had actually helped her to grow up a bit - but I guess I was wrong. She took one step forward over the 5 weeks she was living with me and then 3 steps backwards in the week since she lost her job.

This is potentially going to be a very interesting weekend.

De

No comments: