Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chocolate + Friends + Sleep = Perfect Weekend

This was a good weekend! I was busy on Saturday and on Sunday I just caught up on some much needed sleep!

Saturday I met up with my 40 Something Club for a tour of Boehm's Candies. I remember touring this place back when I was in Camp Fire Girls - oh about 30+ years ago! That's how long this place has been around in Issaquah. On the tour you not only get to see the chocolate factory where they make all the wonderful confections but you also get to see Julius Boehm's home above the candy store and the chapel he had built on the grounds. On my first tour it was lead by Julius him self! The tour guide was very knowledgeable about everything and we learned all sorts of history about Julius himself. His home is like a museum now - the tour guide said they have not moved anything since his death - they dust and clean but have not moved any of the items he collected. The factory doesn't work on the weekend so we had to imagine what it would be like with the workers making the chocolate - it still smelled wonderful and we still got samples!! After the tour they let us loose in the shop! A bunch of 40 year-olds acting like kids in a candy shop!!

After the tour a small group of us went out to lunch at the Issaquah Brewhouse. Lydia had come on the tour with me so we went with the group to lunch. It was a lot of fun! I had a Yellow Snow beer - Rob decided to stay with the theme of the day and he had a Chocolate Stout beer. He couldn't finish it though because he said it tasted too much like chocolate - but at least he tried it! It was a lot of fun!

Sunday was nap day! Muppet had a seizure early in the morning so we both spent the day napping on the couch. I relaxed - stayed in my jammies - snuggled with the pup - very relaxing up until the time a couple hours ago when L called to say she was coming home and could she bring Kelley with her. I decided I better get up off the couch.

I now have some laundry going - I'm going to go clean out the dishwasher and get something for dinner.

De

No comments: