Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Now For The News

Tonight on the 11 o'clock news . . . . . .
  • Four-year-old left home by herself. We hear directly from the victim.
  • Girl gets screwed coming and going.
  • Longest Drive - Shortest Distance - might be a record!
But our Top Story!

Earlier today, a 1991 Toyota Camry was recovered in Federal Way, WA. The car had been reported stolen 3 1/2 weeks ago. The car was discovered at an apartment complex in Federal Way. The Federal Way Police called the owner, L, who happily exclaimed - "Yes, that's my car!!" She was instructed to contact the towing company to arrange pick up. L and her Mom drove down to Kent with anticipation - not knowing what they were going to find. Would the car be in one piece - would it still run - would there been any remnants of the items that had been in the car at the time of it's abduction. After filling out the paperwork they were led into the lot to look for the car. The first car that L saw was munched up and she said she hoped hers didn't look like that. They slowly made there was down the line when the attendant said I think that's your car right there. L exclaimed - It has doors!! She ran up to the car - she was so excited it was like Christmas morning! The body of the car looked undamaged - well, there was no new damage! The stuffed animals that L had in the back window were all still there - that was about it though. In the trunk was some garbage - a paid of slippers - some pajama bottoms - coloring book and crayons - and according to L it smelled like butt! She popped the hood to make sure all the engine parts were there - I wouldn't have thought to do that I would have just gotten in and tried to start it. Everything looked intact so now it was the moment of truth - she climbed in to the driver's seat, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the car started right up!!!! L looked around inside the car and discovered that the thief had taken the radio along with all her other belongings. She got out of the car and hugged it!! The attendant was thoroughly entertained. She drove it out of the lot and parked it by my car - she needed to put some oil in the car. It was now time to take her baby home! On a side note - she now has the address of where the car was found. Sources close to L have confirmed that the suspected thief's dealer lives there. L was told by her Mom not to go do anything stupid - she knew L wanted to go try and confront the girl but she needed to just let it go. We shall see.

Today we received a call from a 4-year-old saying she had been left at home by herself all day long. Here's the story in her own words. I got up this morning at my regular time - stretched as big as I could - licked some toes - and got ready for the day. I went outside to do my "business" and then came back inside. My Mom scratched my belly and gave me some cookies! She then prepared my day room with a new puppy pad - fresh water - food. She gave me a crunchy cookie and said she would be home later. I ate my cookie - peed on my pad - drank some water - and curled up in my bed. Buffy and Niki jumped into my day room and visited for a bit then they climbed up on the counter and went back out in to the rest of the house. I sat in my bed and waited for Mom to get home . . . . .I waited and waited and waited and waited. She's usually home before it gets dark but not tonight. She didn't get home until 1000!!! I heard her come in the door and I was so ready to give her a piece of my mind but as soon as I saw her I couldn't help myself - I started wagging my tail and dancing around - I was so excited to see her. It was a good day after all.

Story #3 - So you first get screwed when your car gets stolen. You have to go through the process of reporting it - the grief of losing everything - and resigning yourself to the fact that everything is gone and you need to get on with life. You then get the call that it's been found and you need to go pick it up from the towing company - and oh - by the way - it's going to cost you $200+ to get it back!!! You first get screwed by the thief and then you get screwed by the towing company!! Doesn't seem fair at all. You would think they would waive the fee for stolen vehicle recoveries.

Our final story of the evening is a personal story. I think I may have set a world record today for taking the longest amount of time to go the shortest distance. I left work today at 445 to head home so I could help L go get her car. It usually takes me about 30 - 40 minutes to drive home. Today through there was police activity on 5th between Union and Pike - close to my work - so all the cars were being rerouted to the same roads I take to get to I5. I kid you not - it took me from 445 to 610 just to get to the friggin freeway!! At one light I sat through 5 cycles before I was finally able to make it across that block on to the next. The guy behind me kept honking - as if that was going to make things move any faster or make more room in front so we could get through the light. There were some people that were driving in the other lane - trying to skip the line up and then pull back into line once they got to the on ramp to I5. There was no way I was letting any of them sneak in in front of me! It was all very frustrating.

That's the news for this the 4th day of February. Reporting from Issaquah, Washington this is De signing off. Be safe out there and have a good night!!

No comments: