Saturday, February 7, 2009

Full Circle

Yesterday just took way too much out of me so no writing. This morning I am up, showered, ready for the day, and trying to look at everything in a new light.

I worked way too many hours yesterday. Got to work at 615 am and didn't leave until 530 pm. Busy the whole time - no break for lunch except for grabbing a sandwich on my way back from making the bank deposit. New duties have been added to my desk with the layoffs and with it happening right at month end I don't feel like I have had an opportunity to organize my thoughts let alone my desk. My desk is covered with stacks of paper and I think it is so overwhelming that it resulted in making me so exhausted. I am tempted to go in there over the weekend just to organize my desk and try to get a handle on what needs to be done. Maybe tomorrow - I have plans for this afternoon already.

So - besides the work issues another L drama happened yesterday afternoon. I got a call from her at about 1230 - which is around her lunchtime so I didn't think twice about it when I answered the phone. I hear this voice say Mom! - I could tell she was crying. I asked her what happened and she told me she had just gotten fired from her job!!! Not again! I think last year at this time she had gotten fired from the same job and for the same reasons - attendance problems. She of course was in the mode of - I don't know what they're talking about - I have been getting there on time and sometimes early - I sub for other people who keep calling in sick - I just don't understand. I asked if she had asked Mary to give her some examples of what she was talking about and she said no that Mary had just told "them" to leave. I said "them" - yeah - Jessica got fired too. Hmmm. . . . . . . . . . Jessica is a gal from work that L hangs out with a lot. I am thinking that there is probably more to this than she is really saying but I didn't say that to her I just told her that if she really felt she hadn't done anything wrong then she needed to calmly call Mary and ask her for specifics about what had been wrong with her attendance. All L said was Yeah and then said she was going to shower and then head to Kelley's house - which usually means she's going to go get stoned - which, with everything that has been going on this week I really don't blame her - if I had a vice I would probably be doing it too. I just came home and sat down with a beer - relaxed a bit - and then went to bed.

So now she is without a job - has 2 cars - no income - and is living with me again. Yup - full circle from last year. Dang it! I'm never going to get my house back. Well - it was a good 2 months. I am going to have to give her some firm deadlines about finding a job and if she doesn't follow them then she is out. Also - if she is going to be home all day then I think she should be doing some chores around the house to earn her room and board. We'll have to see how well that goes over.

De

No comments: