Sunday, February 22, 2009

And The Oscar Goes To . . . . . . .

Happy Oscar Night! I am watching the Academy Awards right now - love this show even though I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for Best Picture tonight. It's fun to watch and see if the ones I predicted would win actually do win. So far I am 2 for 2!! Supporting Actress - Penelope Cruz and Best Animated Picture WALL*E. Commercial right now so let's review the weekends activities starting with Friday

Friday -
  • I was going to sleep in a bit Friday morning and get to work around the same time as everyone else but I was woken up a few times during the night by Muppet digging around the comforter trying to uncover my feet. AT around 430 she uncovered my feet - licked my toes a bit - and then bit down on one of them! That really hurt - woke me up with a start - got the adrenalin going - so I got up and got ready for work - catching the 626 bus which got me to work by 700.
  • I have a routine when I get to work. I login - pull up the Kiss 106.1 website so I can listen to the radio and watch Kiss TV. Next I open up Microsoft Outlook to see what emails have come in since the previous day and answer anything that can be answered without any research. Next I open up another Windows Explorer so I can check email and stuff. Well - this morning I couldn't get in to my email - couldn't even get in to the Company Intranet. I thought is was just a problem with the server but when others got in they were able to sign on. I didn't do anything about it until almost 500 when Jason asked if I had contacted Helpy - nope - so I sent an email - the responded telling me to run a virus scan - it took 32 minutes to run and came back with 4 viruses that could no be automatically cleaned form my system. Dang!!
  • I was still at work at 5 because our postponed work Christmas Party was Friday night at 7. i decided it would be easier to just stay at work than to go home and then head back in. The party was at the W Hotel and was lots of fun. The entertainment was a Henna Tattoo artist, a Caricature Drawer, and a Game Show. I got 2 Henna Tattoos! I was sitting at a table with other Finance people and had enjoyed watching people participate in the Game Show - It was trivia questions using music clips and TV show clips. In between contests they played music and the song Another One Bites The Dust came on and I started bobbing my head and was talking to Jason when I realized that the Game Show host was talking about someone getting in to the music, and that they were one of the next contestants. I turned my head and realized he had walked up to our table and was talking about me!! I was able to pick a partner so I grabbed Jason and up we went. We did pretty well - we got to a 300 point tie with the other 2 groups - and then missed the final question. It was a lot of fun!
  • Leash Laws - the law states that a dog must be on a leash at all times - I don't think it says anything about a human having to hold on to the other end of the leash. While riding the bus home Friday night I saw a dog on a leash walking down the sidewalk with the other end of the leash in his mouth! He was out walking himself and following the leash law!! It was the funniest thing I had seen - I almost laughed out loud but I was on the bus at 1030 at night and I didn't want any of the crazies to think I was crazy! There is definitely a different crowd of people riding the bus later in the evening than those that ride it at rush hour!
Both Muppet and I have been sick this weekend so not much else to write about - I have a cold and Muppet has an upset tummy.

Ooh - the award I have been waiting for - Supporting Actor . . . . The Oscar Goes To . . . . . .Heath Ledger!! So So Sad that he is no longer with us. He truly was an incredible actor and will be missed.

De

1 comment:

putbory said...

I like the leash law interpretation! :P