Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ring . . . Ring . . . Ring

Conversation that happened this morning -

Work phone rings at 9 - I pick it up

  • Me: Accounts Payable this is De
  • L: I tried your cell 2 times and I've been calling your work number.
  • Me: I'm at work and I'm busy
  • L: Did you get the mail yesterday and was my check in there?  If you didn't get it then I'll check the mail today so I can go cash my check.
  • Me: I did get the mail and No you're check wasn't in there.
  • L: Why didn't you tell me!!!  It would've been nice to know!
  • Me: Well, you were in your room on the computer most of the night
  • L:  I came out several times you could have told me then!  I'm just saying it would have been nice to know.
  • Me:  You know what L - it wasn't a top priority for me
  • L:  If you were waiting for a check I would tell you if I got the mail and it wasn't in there.
  • Me: OK - you know what - I'm at work and I have stuff to do so this conversation is over.  Bye
  • L:  It just would've been nice to know - you should have told me.  Fine Bye!!
I'm just shaking my head and saying - unbelievable!  J was out of his office and he said I should call her back and say - "When I got the mail yesterday not only was your check not in there but you also didn't receive an acceptance letter from UW, WSU, Central, SPU, or Western!  There was also no acceptance letter from the Army and no check from The Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes!

I then received the following text:  You didn't have to argue it, you could have easily said sorry and it would have been done.  I went in the living room a lot and how many times have you knocked on my door

I so wanted to respond with - Your 3 months are up get out of my house!!

I took deep breaths though and went back to work.

De

1 comment:

Tony said...

Hmm sounds like L thinks you have ESP..Here's a concept...L could have said "Mom, did my check come in the mail"...D "No"...end of conversation.