Friday, September 3, 2010

My Birthday

My Birthday was amazing today!  It started out with going to the Starbucks Drive-Thru and getting my regular drink - Venti Non-Fat Light Whip Extra Hot 2 Pump Hot Chocolate - and it was free!  I used my Birthday Coupon that I got in the mail.  When I got to work I found this on my keyboard - I Love Twix bars!  My friend K was in the lunchroom when the candy basket was being filled and she put together a nice birthday cup full of them!  Then my friend I came back from Starbucks and she had picked my up a slice of Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake - which I had never had before and it was really really good!  Through out the day my phone would ping at me alerting me to postings on my Facebook Wall - I loved all the messages from friends!  One friend that I met in grade school who has the same birthday as me posted for me to try not and remember back in the day when our birthday would land on the first day of school!  That had me laughing!  My birthday was either spent camping in the Sand Dunes at Potholes Reservoir or going to the first day of school!  Actually - pretty good memories!  

At lunch my friend K took me over to Westlake to get something for lunch and we brought it back to eat with our regular lunch group.  Then in the afternoon we had the department birthday party - cupcakes from Cupcake Royal and BJ brought in cookies from Specialties - saying that he thought he would load it up with treats because I am always baking for everyone and bringing in such good things!  That made me happy - felt appreciated! 

After work it was time for a day of beauty with Bonnie - got my hair colored - finally - it had been quite a while and was definitely needed!  Then it was home to hang with Chrissy and have a birthday cupcake - my favorite flavor - Lemon!! 

It was a wonderful day!  Thank you to everyone for the well wishes!

De

No comments: