Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh, I Could . . . . . .

Oh, I Could . . . . . You really need to be careful with what you put after those words.  You just never know what's gonna happen.  You just might find yourself in the situation I found myself in today.  Have you ever done anything that when going in to it you tell yourself this is the stupidest thing I've ever done!

A few months ago while with the lunch crew the conversation turned towards food and somehow we started talking about Krispy Kremes and how good they are - One person said "Oh, I could eat a dozen in one sitting"  another person said "Me Too"  and I agreed!  They are light and fluffy and taste so good.  Then someone else piped up with "No Way"  and this conversation ended with One person laying down the challenge that she would supply the donuts because she wanted to see us do it.  Over the months that followed the guys wouldn't let it drop because they wanted their free donuts . . . I just hoped it would never happen.  Well . . . . it did!  Today was the day . . . the donuts were brought in . . . .we took our places . . . . . and we started.  Yeah . . . . it seemed a lot easier in my mind . . . . . the boys were able to do it . . . . I was only able to eat 6 . . . which is about 4 too many!  I learned many things today -
  1. A box full of Krispy Kremes is very intimidating
  2. There is such a thing as too much sugar
  3. Lots of sugar gives you a buzz
  4. When crashing from the sugar rush you get very tired and get a headache
  5. I will never eat another Krispy Kreme for a very long time
  6. Most Importantly - Never Ever Ever say You could eat a (insert amount here) of (insert food here) because someone just might call you on it and lay down the challenge!!
Yes - this was one of the stupidest things I have ever done!  It is something I would normally keep to myself but . . . . I have said I would keep this blog open and honest -the good, the bad, and the ugly!  

OK - Thought provoking question.  Why is it that when a guy does something like this it is fine but when a girl does it she is judged? Are girls not allowed to do stupid things?

De

No comments: