Friday, September 10, 2010

Previously On . . . . . . .

Previously on the It's A Journey blog . . . . . our writer was discussing how her memory seemed to be having problems lately.  She also wrote about how she is unable to comment on work related issues anymore.  When we left the blog there was the potential for some drama . . . . . . . . . . . let's see what happens today!

E has been working on trying to get an apartment.  He has gotten together with someone who is trying to help him get a placement through Landlord Liaisons.  One of the qualifications is that he needs to have a bank account.  Well - E kinda has the same problem as L in that he didn't really leave his previous bank on good terms - in fact he kinda owes them a bit of money.  I believe both E and L each owe their respective banks between $400 - $600!  Yesterday he went to BECU to try and open an account - they must run a bank check because he was rejected.  No bank account.  He was supposed to meet with Velvet last night so he could go over his application and discuss what he needs to do now in order to keep the process going.  Well - after getting rejected by BECU and getting paid yesterday he decided to go have a few beers - he is of legal age.  He got to the shelter at 830 to check in and to talk with Velvet - oops - a bit of a problem.  You see - if you are noticeably inebriated you are not allowed to stay at the shelter - so he had to go.  Ring . . . . . Ring . . . . . .Ring . . . . .  (This would be L's phone) 
Hey Mom - E needs to talk to you. 

  • Hi E - what do you need. 
  • Hi Ma - I am wondering if I can come stay with you tonight.  You don't need to pick me up or anything.  I will take the bus and walk from whichever Park and Ride I get dropped off at.
  • I guess - just don't be loud when you get here because I have to work tomorrow.

I didn't hear him come in.  I got up this morning at 600 - trying to get back into the habit of getting to work early now that it's getting dark earlier these days.  So - I got up and did my morning routine in my room.  I then went out to the living room to get my shoes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . there is E's friend Ian from the shelter sleeping on my couch!!  I grabbed my shoes and went back in to my room.  Now what . . . . . I could either wake everyone up or just finish getting ready and leave the discussion for later.  If you know me then you know I chose to . . . . . . . . . . . leave the discussion for later!  I got Chrissy all haltered up and took her outside.  Now - her usual routine when we come inside is to wait for me to take off her leash and then she runs across the couch in search of her squirrely that she hid there the night before.  She ran inside - went to jump on the couch - stopped dead in her tracks and turned toward me - WTH! Mom - someones sleeping on my couch!!  Not a good morning! I feel like I have become the local Plateau Shelter!

L did call me at work and she said that Ian had been with E last night when they got turned away from the shelter and that he would be leaving right now.  She also said she talked to him and let him know we were both disappointed in him because he knew he was supposed to meet with Velvet last night and he knew the rules of the shelter.  I think some of me may be rubbing off on to her!

When I got home Ian was gone and it was just L and E in her room.  Hopefully no strays show up tonight.  And hopefully E can meet with Velvet tomorrow and start getting this whole apartment issue figured out.  The countdown clock is a tickin'!!

De

No comments: