Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When Is It OK To Say Something

Another Cougar 1st Down
Football Weekend had lots of ups and downs - My Cougs won a squeaker against Montana State.  I didn't get to watch it though because Comcast and FSN couldn't get it together and transmit the signal - the channel finally came back up after the game was over.   and the Seahawks won their opener.  My opening weekend of Fantasy Football started the same way last year did.  My team - Scooby Gang - played Josh in the first round and my team scored really well!  His team scored even better though - he had a player that came out of nowhere and scored 58 points!  If I had played against any other team in my league I would have won!  Oh - and my back-up QB Hasselbeck scored better than my starter Romo!  I hope this does not mean that it's going to be like this all season.
Scooby Gang

Other than Football the weekend was pretty uneventful - L and E were both here.  L worked Saturday and had Sunday off.  E went to his brother's Saturday night because he had to be at work early on Sunday.  I slept in until 10 on Sunday!!  L and I went and had breakfast at Denny's then went to Target.  It had been awhile since we wandered through Target together. 

Is it OK for an acquaintance to comment on a persons eating habits or to say something that could be seen as a snide remark about their weight?  This has happened to me twice in the past couple of months from two separate people.  I know the people but we're not "friends".  I'm not blind - I know I'm overweight - I certainly don't need people making comments to make me more aware or to shame me in to changing eating habits.  Both comments had to do with candy - I have a major sweet tooth - not like I eat tons but I do have snacks.  You know something funny about all of this - I am known for having candy but if I don't have "a stash" then some people get upset because they want a little snack and I don't have anything to give them.  So which is it - "You really shouldn't be eating all that candy" or "I need something sweet, what do you have".  Oh - and I am not the only one who is overweight in this group but I am the only one that comments have been made to - think this might be a little personal?!?

De

No comments: