Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Updates

Three things have happened since I last blogged - I was going to write separate blogs on each but at night when I have turned on my computer I keep getting pulled in by my Mahjong games!!  So no Mahjong until I write tonight!

  1. Sunday I attended a memorial service for my friend Stacy's dad - Ken Sindora.  I have known Stacy since I was in 4th grade - she was the first friend I made at my new school when we moved to Issaquah.  I remember going to her house for sleepovers and dinner and to just hang out.  Her Dad was always there with a big smile and a How Are Ya Doin' Kid! He used to call me Marvin!!  I don't remember how or why he started calling me that but it always made me laugh - and it still does when I think about it.  When Stacy and I  grew up and went our separate ways I would only see her Dad every once in awhile.  We would stop by the Sindora's on Christmas Day to see them and then there was always the Annual Sindora Picnic at Lake Sammamish.  No matter how long it had been he was always there with a hug.  He will be missed.
  2. Fantasy Football - not doing to well so far this season.  I am a disappointing 0 - 3 - even the Cougars have a better record than I do!!  I think I am being punished for putting Cowboys on my team.  I know I shouldn't panic - so I'm not going to clean house and get rid of all my players - but they better start coming through for me!!
  3. Now - the third thing that has happened is amazing. So . . . . . . make sure you're sitting down . . . . don't tip over in your chair . . . . . . I am getting my house back!! Yup - L and E have found a place to live and she is moving out this weekend!!  ::Happy Dance::  E found them a room to rent in a house.  The landlord owns multiple houses and he rents out the rooms - it is set up kind of like a dorm system.  They pay $600 a month ($300 a piece) and that includes electricity, water, cable, and Internet - all toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, and dish soap are provided so they just have to cover rent and food.  I am proud of the 2 of them - figuring this out,  I can taste my freedom!!  Of course - I won't crack the champagne until she is actually out of the house!
Quarter End starts this week but I will try to keep up on my writing.

De

No comments: