Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vaca Is Over

Vacation is over and it was back to work today.

Sunday - my last relaxing day of vacation we went and saw the movie It's Complicate. I liked it - it was cute and Meryl Streep is as good as ever. The casting did show the double standard of our society though - Alec Baldwin has gained quite a bit of weight over the years but he was cast as one of the leading men - you certainly wouldn't see an older actress who has gained weight being cast as a leading lady. It just shows again the double standard in this society between men and women. After the movie Linds packed up all her belongings to go back to her apartment - sad :-( K had packed up earlier and headed back to school around noon - there was still lots of snow in Wichita Falls and the roads kinda slick so best for her to get going well before dark. It was sad to see them head back as well as their cute little pups - Kara and Bailey. They both have such cute personalities.

Monday - packing and flying home were the tasks of the day. The flight home was a little bumpy - I kept Muppet in her crate the whole time - no getting yelled at by Flight Attendants this time around. My flight was full of soldiers again - this time they were heading home a two week furlough instead of shipping out for a tour in Iraq. Got home around 6 - the cats were fine. I left them home for the 10 days with no one looking in on them - left 2 big bowls of food (they only ate one) and an automatic watering system - I'm not even sure they knew I had been gone for 10 days - when I walked in the door Buffy acted like she does every day when I get home from work and Niki was sleeping on my bed. They did sleep with me last night though - all curled up tight - so they may have missed me just a bit.

Tuesday - Back to Work! It was a little slow moving this morning but I got to work by 830 - no too bad. I always feel a little scattered when I come back from vacation - trying to catch up on things that happened while I was gone - answer every one's "I Need This Now" questions and requests - remember what needs to get done this week because it is Month/Year End. No time to just catch a breath. I am hoping to get to work earlier tomorrow so I can get a handle on everything. I made an appointment today to go see the Neurologist - next Tuesday 12/5 at 815 in the morning. He doesn't look like McDreamy but hopefully we can get this all figured out. Headaches is borderline under control for the time being but the ringing in the ear is still here.

L - seems to be getting a long OK. She didn't get the job at KinderCare :-( She is still looking for work. She has applied for and received food stamps through DSHS - our tax dollars at work. At least she took the initiative to do it though - hopefully she does the same with her unemployment so she has some type of income coming in.

Muppet - must be very happy to be back in her house, with her bed, her dishes, and no one trying to be her friend - I just caught her playing with the Santa Monkey toy she got for Christmas! She is a happy pup!

This Blog - I can't believe that it has been almost 2 years (495 Posts) since I started this. It started out as a way to get out of a comfort zone and to also keep everyone apprised of what was going on with L. There has been drama, joy, sadness, frustration . . . The title is A Year In The Life of De and L . . . it has been more than a year and L is no longer living here. I think I need to make some changes/adjustments to the blog. I am open to any suggestions for a new title. Here are a few ideas:
  • The Year As A Walking Pharmacy
  • What Else Can Go Wrong
  • The Crazy Cat and Dog Lady
  • Empty Nester
  • A Year With De - How Long Between Trauma Dramas

With no L drama . . . knock on wood . . . . I am always looking for topic suggestions.

I am going to head to bed . . . kinda tired . . . the Condo is a bit chilly . . . . nothing exciting on TV . . . . work tomorrow.

De

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I veto "What Else Can Go Wrong" way too negative