Sunday, December 13, 2009

Almost Vacation Time

I am watching a rerun of Food Network Challenge - it is the Extreme Holiday Cakes challenge from last year. I really enjoy the challenges on Food Network - the contestants are fun - I enjoy seeing what they can come up with. Most of the judges are nice - good critics who give constructive criticism and praise. I do not like Kerry Vincent!! Her face is always pinched together - she never smiles - she is so over critical - her attitude is like she doesn't think any of these bakers deserve to be in the challenge let alone win! It amazes me that none of the contestants has ever told her off!

I only have 3 days of work this week!! Yay! I hope I actually go to work tomorrow - I have been fighting a really bad headache all day. I need to go in so I can get my desk in order and ready for me to be gone 6 work days. Ahhhhhhh - just thinking about it is making my head pound even more!

I wonder if we will find out the winners of the Gingerbread contest tomorrow. On Friday during the display time when we all voted one person - SC - made a comment that Finance was cheaters and that she had already complained to HR and wanted us disqualified! WTH! You've got to be kidding me! This is supposed to be a friendly, fun competition! It's not like we're competing for a huge cash prize! The complaint was based on the fact that Finance used 3 Gingerbread House Kits - which we were given by HR. We originally were going to be split in to 3 groups but there were people out on vacation - out sick - so we decided to be one group and combine our efforts. The rules were that you had to use all the items in the kits and then you could use any additional items you wanted to as long as they were edible. Well - our additional items were more gingerbread pieces and lots and lots of candy! I tell ya - I felt like I was back in elementary school on the playground! One group of kids doing well and the rest of the kids turning on you calling you cheaters - mainly because they didn't come up with the same idea we did.

OK - I'm heading in to bed - hopefully this headache will be gone in the morning.

De

No comments: