Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Special Edition

OK - just heard from one of my regular readers that they aren't getting their monies worth for their subscription because I didn't post! So here is Monday and Tuesday all in one! It's a Special Double Issue!!

Muppet - Monday and Tuesday she woke me up at 730 - which is 530 Seattle time - she just doesn't have this sleep in on vacation down yet. She'll probably figure it out on the day we leave to go home. She is enjoying having a backyard as am I - no having to go down flights of stairs at night in the rain - just open a back door and out she goes. I thought she was getting used to the 5 other dogs in the house - until the growled - barked - and snapped this morning. Of course - my hand was in the way so when she snapped she ended up nipping my hand. Yup - Muppet was put in timeout!

Activities - Monday the only person who had to work was Linds - so the rest of us went out to Potbelly for lunch. Excellent sandwiches! Toasted Goodness and then fresh made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! Next we went to the grocery store - C picked up some Flank Steak for Christmas dinner and I picked up ingredients for Tuesday's Dinner - I'm cooking because C works all day. I also grabbed stuff for making mincemeat tarts and lemon tarts. :-) Today J, Linds, and C all had to work. T, K, and I went to Target - they have a Super Target close to their house - I wish we had a Super Target - big, fresh fruit, veggies, and meat - I would def be doing all of my shopping there. We then met up with C at Wendy's for lunch. When we got home we watched the movie UP - very cute! Thanks K for renting this one!

For Dinner I made my Stroganoff - Everything was going fine - hamburger cooking in the microwave, big pot of water on the stove to boil for the noodles, Muppet locked up in her area so she would eat her food. Then all at once everything happened - the water with the noodles started boiling over - the stroganoff mix was done and the microwave was beeping at me - Muppet was barking to get out. I let Mup out - stepped in to the area she had been - proceeded to slip on the water she had spilled all over the floor. You know what, bare feet + wet stone floor = almost falling on your a** !! I did some spectacular balancing moves and stayed standing! I think I scored 8.5 from all but the Russian Judge who gave me 6!

After dinner we watched the movie District 9 - I had heard really good revues on it and never had the chance to see it in the theater. Thanks K for renting this one too! It was not at all what I was expecting. The story was very interesting and causes you to think about segregation and how people who are different are treated some times. It is filmed in a documentary style -subtitles for when the Aliens talk.

I have gotten a few calls from L while I've been here - mostly just wondering what I was doing - who all was with me - and to tell me that she threw up three times yesterday but seems to be feeling better now. Not exactly sure what I am supposed to do with that information! She called me on Friday after her interview and wanted to know if she had any purses at the house. Uh . . . . . Yeah, I'm sure there are but ummm . . . . I'm in TX! She said Oh yeah - I know I'll have to wait for you to get back I just wanted to know. OK - Random much. She should find out tomorrow about the job she interviewed for at the Kindercare. Let's all cross our fingers, say some prayers, rub a rabbits foot, or whatever it is you believe in or do for good luck!!!

I have had a headache all day - woke up with it and now I'm about to go to bed with it. I may take a vicodin tonight and hope it is gone in the morning. The only plans set for tomorrow so far are to meet up with Linds for lunch over by her work. Dinner tomorrow is Leftovers and I think I am going to make the tarts tomorrow. I told Linds I would have Lemon Tarts for her!

OK - Muppet has been outside and I'm getting a little sleepy so off to bed.

De

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

lemon tarts = :-) Linds