Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve in Texas

Snow . . . . . In Dallas!!! Flights are cancelled and the one highway from here to Wichita Falls - K's school - are closed due to snow on the road and jackknifed semis. Glad K is already here. The snow probably won't stick for very long - supposed to "warm-up" to 44 tomorrow.

The only ones who had to work today were C and Linds. C for 2 hours - yes, her boss made her some in for 2 hours today how ridiculous is that! Linds worked a half day. We all met up with her at Grimaldi's for lunch - a really good pizza place. The restaurant wasn't crowded but the streets and parking lots sure were - all those last minute shoppers! J had to go to Target after lunch - he is one of those typical boys who waits until the last minute to finish up his shopping - his sister Linds went with him to help out - shopping for a girl! Linds called us on her way back home from . . . . . . . SONIC!!!!! Wanted to know if we wanted anything - my first request was a Lemon-Berry Slushie but then everyone else placed orders for ice cream so I changed mine to a banana split. Very Very Good!! They so need to put one of those closer to me. I understand there is one in WA - down in Puyallup - not going to drive 1+ Hours for a Slushie.

Right now everyone is just relaxing - we just finished watching Julie and Julia - a cute movie. I liked Meryl Streep in this one - I forgot that it was her and really believed she was Julia. **News Just announced that there is 7" snow in Wichita Falls** T is watching a movie on his computer - C is reading a magazine - Linds and K are up in K's room wrapping packages I believe - J is asleep on the floor by the Christmas Tree, I think he was up late last night. Emma was just sleeping on me but now she is asleep over by T as is Muppet - yup. . . . Muppet moved from me to T . . . . .it only took her 1/2 of our vacation to warm up to him. She still is not a fan of the other dogs though - I don't think she will warm up to them at all. The dogs are so funny when C comes home from work - they all get so excited and run over to her to get their rubbin's from Mee-Maw!! They get excited when T come home too but I def think that C is the pack leader here.

I need to get my packages wrapped - the box I sent down arrived safely yesterday. I bought wrapping paper, tags, and tape when I got here. We have also rented Angels & Demons to watch later so I should go do the wrapping now. Yup . . . .time to get off the couch and go upstairs! I really hate wrapping gifts! Linds offered to wrap them for $1 a gift . . . . . . I think I might wrap hers and have her wrap everyone elses! It will probably be worth it! I also need to straighten up my suitcase a bit . . . . it is so not organized anymore. Should take my meds now too so that I don't over sleep tomorrow. Yup . . . . . everything I need to do is upstairs!! Kinda putting it off
:-P

**News Break . . . . . McKinney should expect snow to fall for the next 1.5 - 2 hours with the possibility of accumulating 1" - 3" . . . White Christmas in Texas!

OK - heading upstairs!

De

No comments: