Friday, January 1, 2010

2010!!!

What will you call this year - twenty-ten or two thousand ten? Your first decision of the New Year!

New Years Eve was like any other day - I went to work, came home, went to bed. I am so incredibly exciting!! Worked a full day - although not sure you can really say "worked". Our finance database/software was down until 230 - so, most of the day. It was down all day the day before. Now, at any other time of year I might be excited to have a "down" day but we are heading into month/year end close - other Finance People will understand my frustration and stress. AP - my part of the Finance Group - has a lot to do before the first work day of the new month - if I don't get my stuff done it effects others down the line. So - I pretty much lost 2 full days of work. I will be going in tomorrow - Saturday - to get as much done as possible before Monday. Because of the nature of the system problem I can't login from home to do any work so I will def have to go in to the office.

Today I went and ran a couple errands - after being woken up at 5AM by Muppet needing to really go outside. Man I missed the TX Backyard! It was cold - pouring down with rain - I so did not want to have to go outside. Luckily Mup doesn't like the rain much either so she was quick about it. Got her inside - wrapped her in a towel - went back to bed. Telling her I can't believe she woke me up at 5 Fricken AM on a day I could sleep in!!

The University Bookstore in Bellevue is having a Cougar Closeout Sale - they must not going to carry WSU items anymore - I drove into Bellevue today only to find out that the UW Bookstore was Closed for New Years Day! I thought all stores were open on New Years Day. I may have to go by the store before heading in to work tomorrow - or go by after work.

Most people make resolutions on the first day of a new year. Most popular are lose weight, exercise more, budget better. Those are very broad goals - very big and overwhelming. I have decided to make smaller - reachable goals - that can be added on to throughout the year.
  • Cook an actual dinner at least once a week.
  • Try a new food or recipe once a month
  • No more L Bailouts

Those are a start - they may change or be added to.

Still thinking about a new title for the Blog.

De

No comments: