Saturday, December 5, 2009

In Her Shoes

We've all heard the saying "Walk A Mile In My Shoes". Meaning - try my life on for awhile and see what it's really like. Well, today I did that.

On Tuesday I was moving things around the house - boxes, clothes, etc - the next day it felt like I had pulled a muscle in my glutes - aka butt! As the week went on I thought it was getting a little bit better. Then yesterday at work we packed up our office for a move up to the 20th Floor this weekend - lots of bending, lifting, moving of heavy items. Throughout the day my hip started to hurt worse. It was no longer in my butt it was my actual hip joint - I've had problems with this joint for awhile - it gets locked up and I have had to go to the Chiropractor to get it adjusted back in. When I woke up this morning I thought it had worked it's way back in sso I didn't go by the Chiropractors - I got up - showered - went to go get L from the train station.

On the car ride to the train station it really started to hurt - sitting down was very painful! Thank God for the Vicodin prescription for my head. Of course - by this time the Chiro office was closed - I will have to deal with it over the weekend. After dropping L off in Bellevue - which I will have to blog about at another time - I went to Home Depot to get some shelves for a home improvement project. I found myself leaning on the shoppong cart and sliding my foot along - it hurt to put weight on my leg - shooting pain from the heal on up. It also hurt to move my leg so I found myself kind of waddling -swinging my whole hip and leg forward to eleviate the pain of actually moving my leg.

It was as I headed back to my car that it finally dawned on me - God was having me walk a mile in my Mom's shoes - showing me what Mom goes through every day - the shuffling of feet because the hip hurts so bad - the needing to walk a little slower - the feeling of getting up off the couch feeling fine until you go to walk and it hurts really bad because it stiffened up while resting. The pain is making me crazy!

Luckily for me - I can go to the Chriopractor on Monday and get the joint adjusted back in - Mom has to go through this every day.

I understand now and can empathize with her. Thanks for the lesson and the mile walk God.

De

No comments: