Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Morning!

Yes - if you look at the time stamp it is correct - I am writing this at 430 am! Muppet woke me up at 3 this morning right before she had a seizure - which I think is kinda cool that she knows when it's going to happen so she wakes me up - but 3 is just a little to early for a furry face in yours going "Mom . . . . Mom . . . . . wake up Mom I'm about to do something scary"

The seizure didn't last too long - maybe 5 min - but then the wandering started. Last time she wandered a lot she ended up peeing on my bed. This time I brought her in to the kitchen - put a puppy pad down - and closed the baby gate. She traveled around in circles over and over again and then just randomly sat down on the linoleum kinda floppy like and peed - not anywhere near the puppy pad. I went to grab some paper towels to clean it up but by the time I got back to her she had already proceeded to walk through it and track little yellow footprints all over the floor and pad. She also then started walking right through her water dish - maybe she was trying to wash her paws? Anyways - I cleaned up the floor and wiped Muppet's paws as best I could - she was still in a very active wander mode - and decided to let her stay in the kitchen. When she is done wandering and has settled down a bit I will need to give her a quick bath. What fun for a Friday morning!

This morning I won't be heading in to work right away. My second test - this time an MRA instead of an MRI - is at 8:15 this morning in Bellevue. The insurance company didn't have any problem pre-approving the test this time. Again I have mixed feelings - it could be scary if they find something but if they don't find anything then we are still in the dark about what's causing everything. If nothing shows up on this test then the next step will be to go to an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat Dr). My mother-in-law gave me the name of the one she went and saw in Bellevue that she really liked and I have verified that the Dr is on the preferred provider list with the insurance company.

L called my last night to let me know that she was at the train station and getting ready to board for her 37 hour trip back to Washington. Long trip - but should be interesting.

It is now 440 - an hour before my alarm is scheduled to go off - so I think I am going to try and get 40 winks before the day really starts.

De

No comments: