Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What? Are You Sure?

I am sure that most of you are aware of the great tragedy that occurred in Lakewood WA over the weekend - the murder of 4 police officers. I was saddened by this and couldn't understand how someone could do this - it's just something I can't wrap my brain around. After the murderer was found and killed the stories of how so many people were aiding this guy to get away and avoid being caught just astounded me. What goes through a persons mind when they make that choice? What kind of people would do this - criminals - thugs - gang members. That's what you would think. Tonight I discovered that someone I am acquainted with has been arrested for giving aid to this guy! From what I saw of this person I did not see them as a criminal - thug - gang member. This person seemed to be just like me. Now I am having an even more difficult time wrapping my brain around this. It was easier when I could lump all the people that helped into the same category of the accused killer - but this is someone that you could see walking down the street - shopping at the mall - standing next to you at the grocery store. It makes me look at everyone around me a little bit different. I got on the bus this evening and found myself being a little more alert - taking notice of the people sitting close by - getting on the bus with me. Any one of these people could be the type of person who would help out an accused cop killer. Not just the scruffy scary looking people but the people who look like they work in a nice office.

I have read on some news sites that this acquaintance has been arrested. I'm not sure what will happen after this - not sure how involved this person was. It makes me a little nervous to think about being around this person - not sure what to say - how to act. Just a lot of things to think about - my muddled brain just can't grasp all of this.

De

1 comment: