Friday, January 22, 2010

Outlander!

I just finished the book Outlander. It is the first book in a series. It was amazing!! If you are a fan of Twilight and/or The Time Travelers Wife you will love this book. It’s an Epic Love Story – fantasy – and historical romance. It touched me deep in my soul just like Twilight did. I could feel the joy and the anguish as things were happening. Diana Gabaldon (the author) is an amazing writer. I don’t know how I didn’t know about this series before. The first book was released back in 1991. There have been 3 – 5 years between each book release so I am kinda glad that I didn’t start in the beginning – it would have driven me crazy to have to wait 4 years to find out what happens next. There have been 7 books in the series released so far and from what I read on the Internet Diana has said the series is not finished! Outlander is a large book – 600pages – but it is so worth your time! Be warned – if you are an emotional reader like I am – be prepared with Kleenex! I wasn’t and of course I was on the bus on my way in to work!

I do love having my Kindle! I finished reading Outlander on the bus last night and immediately downloaded the second book, Dragonfly In Amber! No having to run to the bookstore or wait for it to be delivered! Yay! I think I may take a few days off from reading it though. I remember reading the Twilight Series in a week – I was emotionally drained – told ya, I’m an emotional reader!

De

No comments: