Friday, January 29, 2010

Hmm . . . . with how the day started . . . . I really thought it was going to be a horrible day. Got up and going this morning at a perfect time - not too early not too late - Muppet didn't futz around in the front - generally I have to say her name a few times to get her to focus on the purpose for being outside at such an ungodly hour. Got out of the house and on my way to the Park & Ride at just a little after 7! I looked at the schedule - figured I could make the 713 bus - or should I drive in - I could get there faster by driving but usually when I think that I get stuck in horrible traffic. So . . . . .take the bus . . . . drive . . . . . take the bus . . . . . drive . . . . take the bus! Well - I am trying to make budget cuts so I chose the bus - and made the 7:13!! The bus travels down Highlands Drive - turns onto the on ramp to I90 - a loud alarm starts going off and the driver pulls the bus to the side of the road and turns it off! WTH!!! Dead Bus - they weren't having any of the other one's coming down the on ramp pull over for us - we sat! Finally the driver got permission to take us to the other Issaquah P&R to try and catch another ride. Which we did - but the problem was - the 554 bus is half the size of the 218!! A very squishy ride! Got to work an hour later than I would have if I had driven!!

Work - Yay we got bagels today - Boo no Cinnamon Raisin ones - Yay went to Sbux for my weekly Hot Chocolate - Boo it was a different Barista and she didn't make it the same. It was busy at work - still trying to close out '09 and next week starts the Month End Close for Jan '10!! And 1099's had to be out today!! Then - I was getting my review today. Figured this was going to be the topper - in the past I always seem to get Blind Sided in my reviews - things brought up that no one had said anything about during the year. I was blind sided . . . . . but in a good way! It was better than I thought it would be - the things brought up that I need to work on were things I was aware of . . . . . things I thought I was doing a good on my reviewer agreed with. It was a very pleasant surprise.

A sign that I am doing a little better . . . . . . . I have the urge to bake! And not to bake something I always do but to try something new! So this weekend I am going to try Cinnamon Rolls. Found a very interesting recipe on the Internet that I want to try. If all goes well . . . The Finance Team will have Cinnamon Rolls on Monday!

Readers - have a great weekend! :-)

D

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Yay, for a good review. Congrats.