Monday, January 18, 2010

Spaghetti Lasagna

Wow - you are so lucky I'm still here! A car almost took me out in the parking garage this evening. I got off the elevator on the 4th floor - turned to the right and went to step out a little bit to see if any cars were coming - it's a bit of a blind spot - this car came up so fast and zoomed right past me - never even put on the brakes! As the car zipped by me I looked at the driver - a young gal - who never even saw me and probably doesn't realize how close she came to hitting me. Why you ask? That would be because she was too busy Texting!!!

Yesterday's dinner with L and E was really enjoyable! I went and picked them up around 2:30 - brought them to the house - and L started up her first load of laundry! She did hers and then E did his. While the washer and dryer were going L hooked the Wii back up out in the living room so we could play - we were going to play Wii Sports but the disc has been misplaced - probably in a box somewhere. So we played Mario Party 8 instead - it was fun - I'm sure they were a little frustrated playing with me seeing as I had never played this one before and they had to keep explaining to me how to play the mini games. We then had dinner and watched two of the Fringe episodes I had on my DVR - E likes this show so we were able to talk about what was going on - which was nice because I usually have to watch them on my own.

Now - it's been awhile since I made my Spaghetti Lasagna in the Crock Pot. So it wasn't as good as it could have been - although E really liked it and even took some leftovers home. So - for those of you who have asked for this recipe her it is - along with some tips!
  • Spaghetti Noodles
  • Your Favorite Spaghetti Sauce
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese

Prepare your noodles and make your sauce. My sauce is - ground beef browned - add 1 jar of Ragu Original Style, 1 pkg of Spaghetti seasonings, 1 small can of tomato paste, and water to thin the sauce as needed.

Oven - preheat to 350* Using a 9x13 pan place a small amount of sauce on bottom of pan then start layering - Noodles, Sauce, Cheese, repeat until pan is full making sure to finish with layer of cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is melted all the way through.

Crock Pot - Follow the same layering procedure. Tips I learned from making this yesterday. Don't cook the noodles fully on the stove as they will cook more and soften up in the crock pot. I have found if you make it the night before and refrigerate that it cooks better in the crock pot - set on low for 8 hours.

Time For Bed!

De

No comments: